Friday 13 January 2012

#45 Book Review: Shadow Kiss {Mini Review}





Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy #3)
Genre: Young Adult
Pages: 443
Release date: November 13th 2008
Author: Richelle Mead
Publisher: Razorbill
Source: Owned
Format: Paperback
 
Summary from Goodreads:
Is Rose's fate to kill the person she loves most? It's springtime at St. Vladimir's Academy, and Rose Hathaway is this close to graduation. Since Mason's death, Rose hasn't been feeling quite right. She has dark flashbacks in the middle of practice, can't concentrate in class, and has terrifying dreams about Lissa. But Rose has an even bigger secret .... She's in love with Dimitri. And this time, it's way more than a crush. Then Strigoi target the academy in the deadliest attack in Moroi history, and Dimitri is taken. Rose must protect Lissa at all costs, but keeping her best friend safe could mean losing Dimitri forever...

My review:

Cover:

I am not a really big fan of the VA covers I've seen so far but it's still pretty good! 
3 Forget-me-not flowers for the cover!
Story:
I have a little story to tell you before writing this mini review. Once Upon a Time, Celine here went to Mr. Google and asked him to search for Vampire Academy. Then Mr. Google directed her to Mr. Wikipedia. Mr. Wikipedia had lots of information about Vampire Academy. When Mr. Wikipedia shared the information to her, she found out lots of spoilers about Vampire Academy, mainly about Dimka! She couldn't sleep at night and had nightmares about it!

Okay, to summarize that part was basically saying I read a spoiler from Shadow Kiss about Dimitri before reading the book. Now is the right time to say I curse at the wind and myself, why did I read the spoiler? Luckily though, it didn't make me stop reading the book but because of the spoiler, the ending of Shadow Kiss wasn't a big surprise to me!

Anyways, do I have to keep saying that the sequel is always better? Yes, Shadow Kiss is even better. Rose here becomes a real badass which I really love and I am so glad Rose's relationship with Dimitri went well. But the Strigoi attacks are getting really serious which finally ends up killing lots of guardians and Moroi vampires. This is towards the ending where I got teary because arrgghh, how can that happen?! The story itself really hooked me. I really enjoyed reading this book and there's also a surprise element of ghosts in this book!

Characters:
I definitely love all the characters, particularly our 'Roza and Dimka' here who have had lots of romance in the book. Also, I am so happy I get to read more about Adrian! He actually really loves Rose and I look forward how his relationship with Rose goes in the next 3 books.

Overall:
Vampires + Ghosts = Immortality? A sequel that will change how the story goes on for Rose and Dimitri. Now, I shall run off to read the next book because I am going on a VA spree! :P
5 Forget-me-not flowers for Shadow Kiss!

Favourite Quote:

What we had was love. We were like two halves of a whole, always ready to support the other. Neither of us was perfect, but that didn't matter. With him, I could defeat this rage that filled me. He believed I was stronger than it. And I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...