Sunday 9 October 2011

YA short story ebook: Blake by Sarahjane Funnell

Blake
Genre: Young Adult
Pages: 11
Published: 10th October 2011
Author: Sarahjane Funnell

Summary:
Blake is an aloof and mysterious guy. He possesses a sharp glint in his eye and harbours a hidden secret. Ebony, a schoolgirl, becomes completely mesmerised by him and his strange character. Longing to unveil just what it is that makes Blake so different, Ebony desperately searches for him to find the answer. When Ebony finally has an opportune moment to discover the secret that surrounds Blake, she learns that it is not only he who hides an unknown identity but that she too has an inner secret that stretches far beyond her own existence. An unknown secret that changes not only her thoughts and the ways of the world but also her physical human form. Blake is a captivating short story that will spark the imagination of Young Adult readers, taking them on an emotive journey of self-discovery within two contrasting worlds. Featuring rich language and powerful emotion, Blake is perfect for readers looking for an introduction to fantasy fiction or shorter reading.

My review:
First of all, thank you so much to Sarahjane Funnell for giving me the chance to review her YA short story. I've read a couple of YA short stories before and this one is definitely one of the best ones!!! Blake tells the story of Ebony, a girl who is so captivated and curious about Blake, a mysterious guy at school. As she tries to figure out who Blake is, she also finds herself figuring out who she truly is. This short story is really captivating me. I became curious like Ebony of who Blake is. Sarahjane describes Blake really well and I can imagine how he looks like. This fantasy YA short story is well written and the story flows well. I enjoyed reading this short story and the ending is good. The description when Ebony finds out who she truly is makes me mesmerized because of the details and the words used to describe the event. I can't believe I finished it. It was short. I actually hoped it was longer because I want to know more about the characters. I think I should finish my review here because I don't want to spoil anything.

Overall: What a good short story. Even though it's short, I really enjoyed the story and the characters. I really recommend this short story to those who love fantasy but wants to read something short. This short story is for you! Once again, thanks to Sarahjane for giving me the chance to review this short story via ebook. Blake is available in Amazon and myebook.com! Check it out!

5 Forget-me-not flowers for Blake!
Extra note about Blake and Sarahjane Funnell:

Sarahjane Funnell a newly published children’s fiction author and is also the Regional PR Officer for LUSH Cosmetics. She studied at UCA Epsom and graduated in June 2010 with a BA (Hons) in Fashion Journalism. Predominantly Sarahjane writes young children’s picture books and a middle grade stories but is now launching her first short story written for YA readers. Sarahjane Funnell quotes: “I can remember as a young girl being at home writing little stories and drawing pictures then putting little books together. I remember reading adventure books such as Enid Blyton classics and Alice in Wonderland as well as watching fantasy films including Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Disney’s Beauty and the Beast and Sleeping Beauty. These stories and have inspired my love for castles, magical lands and imaginative creatures. As a teenager I loved watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It was my favourite teen series and I always wanted to be just like Buffy and became fascinated by Angel and the mystery that surrounded him. I have also been inspired by the likes of other current fantasy films such as Twilight and Avatar. I also have a fondness for nature, beautiful gardens and historical houses which comes from growing up in Plymouth, Devon and being surrounded by the likes of Dartmoor, many National Trust houses and of course the sea.”
* A Pocketful of Moondust is a magical children’s anthology that was launched in January 2011 by independent publishers Rebel Books LLP and is available to purchase amazon.co.uk and waterstones.com.
*Blake by Sarahjane Funnell will be available to download as an ebook from Amazon and myebook.com on Monday 10th October 2011 online from various online bookstores including tesco.com,
*Cover Illustration by Graphic Designer and Illustrator Dimitra Mathioudakis www.dimitramat.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...