Sunday 25 September 2011

My sixth book review: The Iron King

The Iron King
Genre: Young Adult
Pages: 363
Published: February 1st 2010
Author: Julie Kagawa

Summary from Goodreads:
Meghan Chase has a secret destiny; one she could never have imagined.
Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.
When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.
But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.


My review:
WOW! I just loved it so much! I devoured this book in about a day! I can't stop reading and this is really an addictive book! The Iron King is the story Meghan Chase, an ordinary girl who never thought that she is a daughter of a fairy king, Oberon (Yep, it's from Shakespeare's A Midsummer's Night Dream). Her brother, Ethan was stolen and she had to go to the faery realm (Nevernever) with her bestfriend, Robin Goodfellow (a.k.a Puck). There, she met the winter court's youngest prince, Ash. Then, she made a deal with Ash to help rescue his brother. But, Megan and Ash fell in love with each other. This book is so addictive! I find myself falling hard for Ash! I've always been team ASH even before reading this book. When I read the summary ('dark stranger'), I just can't wait to read about him in the book. As I read the first few chapters, I kept on waiting for this 'dark stranger' to finally appear! Ash is cold towards Megan at first, but then he started to open up with her and fell in love with her. Although, the ending made me doubt that Ash was really in love with Meghan. No worries though! He's the coolest fae ever! Not only he's gorgeous but he yield a sword and his fighting skills are supreme. This book is written so well! The details of the Nevernever made me actually able to imagine what it's like going in there!


The cover is amazing too. I love the font of the title and the colour of the book. I probably kept on swooning over Ash many times especially when he was so romantic! Julie Kagawa sure knows how to make girls swoon over a fae prince! :P


Overall: ADDICTIVE! It's so hard to stop reading. I also find Puck really funny and completely the opposite of Ash. Ash is cold like ice while Puck is warm like sun. I think this is probably one of my all time favourite paranormal young adult book! It's just so amazing! 


TEAM ASH! 


5 Forget-me-not flowers rating for The Iron King!
The Iron Daughter is the sequel of The Iron King. I've read that one too and absolute loved it! Going to post a review on that one soon!

3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read this series forever! I've never read a series or book that is solely about the faery world. It sounds really good and addicting, by what you described. Love the cover, too! Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series!!!! It's absolutely amazing!

    www.gilbertandgomez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so GLAD you loved it! I want all people to be addicted to this series as much as I am. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...