Sunday 3 June 2012

#107 Book Review: Losing It

Losing It
Release Date: March 28th 2012
Author: Julia Lawrinson
Publisher: Penguin Australia
Source: Publisher for Review
Format: Paperback
Where to Buy: Fishpond
More Info: Goodreads
Summary from Goodreads:
To avoid Losing It in the bushes with some random guy in a heavy-metal T-shirt after too many tequila shots, four best friends make a bet: to lose it before schoolies week – and preferably in a romantic, sober way that they won't regret.

What follows is a sometimes funny, sometimes awkward, but always compelling comedy of errors as Abby, Mala, Bree and Zoe each try to find their Mr Right . . . or at least get laid.

My review:

Cover:
Such a cute cover! When I first saw the cover, I thought those hearts were balloons but after reading the book, I found out that they are not actually balloons!

Story:

4 girls, end of year 12. Losing It.

I never thought Losing It was such an enjoyable read! Losing It is a story of four girls who are trying to lose their virginity. They make a pact to try and lose IT and gather together to share their stories. The story is split into 5 different sections. The first section introduces us to the story of how these girls end up making a pact to lose their virginity. Then the rest of the four sections are the stories of each girls and how they lose it or perhaps not losing it!

Losing It was such a realistic read. The idea of sex in this book is both 'terrifying' and 'exciting'. The girls feel excited and also worried about losing it. Although, this was a light read. Nothing too heavy. Each girl's story was cute and funny! When I read the book, I noticed 'something' or 'someone' to be precise in each of the girl's story and after reading four of them, I never thought this 'someone' is actually the same person! I do like the how the book ended. The ending wrapped up the book quite well!

Characters:
Abby, Mala, Zoe and Bree are fun and cute characters. They were really enjoyable to read about! I love how they are very different compared to each other. I love reading each of their stories and discovering whether or not they end up losing it or perhaps discovering something more about themselves! And there's Matt. Let's just say he's the main guy in the book. He's pretty cool but I don't really like him.

The characters are one of the best things about Losing It. Lawrinson's characters felt so real and she depicts teenagers well!

Overall:
Losing It is a fun, light and enjoyable read! Want to read a story about 4 girls losing IT? Read this book and find out how they lose IT or perhaps not losing IT! I really enjoyed Julia Lawrinson's writing and am looking forward to read more of her books!
4 Forget-Me-Not flowers for Losing It!
Thank you Penguin Australia for the review copy!

9 comments:

  1. Losing It sounds a fun, light read. It doesn't really grab me as something I would read but your review made me want to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed this! Matt made me laugh. Poor guy was thrown to the sharks LOL. But hey...he's a teenage boy. *shrugs* ;) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like an entertaining read! It's a plus that the characters feel so real. Amazing review, Celine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. The cover IS cute :D and it sounds like such a fun and light read! I wonder who that 'someone' is! Fantastic review, Celine! I would love to read this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I love this cover! It looks so cute! I love that it was realistic and wrapped up nicely. This does seem like a very enjoyable, quick read. Lovely review, Celine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of this book before. Thanks for sharing and or the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally have a crush on the cover, and even though you know how I feel about contemporaries, this sounds very interesting to me. I was always drawn to the stories that deal with sensitive subjects in a light-hearted way.
    Gorgeous review, Celine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol I love the cover! Great review! New follower :)

    Cierra @ Books Ahoy & Blogovation Design

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh goodness, this sounds so cute. Like an Aussie-girl version of American Pie.

    Also: *pinches cheeks* BALLOONS! CELINE. YOU ADORABLE. This sounds SO fun! So glad you liked it, lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...