Thursday 1 December 2011

#30 Book Review: Rules of Attraction + Chain Reaction

Rules of Attraction  (Perfect Chemistry #2)
Genre: Young Adult
Pages: 324
Published: April 27th 2010
Source: Borrowed from Library

Summary from Goodreads: 
When Carlos Fuentes returns to America after living in Mexico for a year, he doesn’t want any part of the life his older brother, Alex, has laid out for him at a high school in Colorado . Carlos likes living his life on the edge and wants to carve his own path—just like Alex did. Then he meets Kiara Westford. She doesn’t talk much and is completely intimidated by Carlos’ wild ways. As they get to know one another, Carlos assumes Kiara thinks she’s too good for him, and refuses to admit that she might be getting to him. But he soon realizes that being himself is exactly what Kiara needs right now.
Chain Reaction  (Perfect Chemistry #3)
Genre: Young Adult
Pages: 308
Published: August 16th 2011
Source: Borrowed from Library


Summary from Goodreads:
Luis Fuentes has always been sheltered from the gang violence that nearly destroyed his brothers’ lives. But that didn’t stop him from taking risks—whether he’s scaling a mountain in the Rockies or dreaming of a future as an astronaut, Luis can’t stop looking for the next thrill.

Nikki Cruz lives her life by three rules—boys lie to get their way, don’t trust a boy who says “I love you,” and never date a boy from the south side of Fairfield. Her parents may be from Mexico, but as a doctor’s daughter, she has more in common with her north-side neighbors than the Latino Blood at her school. Then she meets Luis at Alex’s wedding, and suddenly, she’s tempted to break all her rules.

Getting Nikki to take a chance on a southsider is Luis’s biggest challenge, until he finds himself targeted by Chuy Soto, the new head of the Latino Blood. When Chuy reveals a disturbing secret about Luis’s family, the youngest Fuentes finds himself questioning everything he’s ever believed to be true. Will his feelings for Nikki be enough to stop Luis from entering a dark and violent world and permanently living on the edge?


My review:


Cover:
I. Absolute. Loved. The. Whole. Perfect. Chemistry. Series. Covers. They are all awesome and reflects the characters in the book such as Alex and Brittany in the Perfect Chemistry, Carlos and Kiara in Rules of Attraction and Luis and Nikki in Chain Reaction. The cover is so HOT! I find it quite rare to see covers depicting a couple kissing!
5 Forget-me-not flowers for the cover!
Story:Leave it to Elkeles to write stories about 3 gorgeous and 'hot' Mexican brothers who each have their own special girls. Wow, I can never get enough of the Perfect Chemistry series. The stories of Carlos's struggles with the Latino Blood gang and his love for Kiara makes Rules of Attraction as great as Perfect Chemistry. In Chain reaction, we get to read the story of Luis, the youngest Fuentes brothers and his struggles with the Latino Blood gang again and his love for Nikki. What makes me love this series is that the books cover all 3 Fuentes brothers with 3 different girls. The story, although always related to the Latino blood gang problems and 3 girls with almost the same attitudes, were great and very enjoyable. Not to forget the fact that the Fuentes brothers themselves are such amazing characters.


I loved the way readers get to read the story of Alex and Brittany in college in Rules of Attraction, both getting married in Chain reaction and how they have children. It's so sweet and nice. I missed both Alex and Brittany since reading Perfect Chemistry. Thank goodness they appear again in both books, looking very happy. Carlos also appears again in Chain Reaction, proposing to Kiara and the proposal was so romantic! All I can say is that the story is great, but it's even better because Alex and Brittany appears in Rules of Attraction and Chain Reaction while Carlos and Kiara appears again in Chain Reaction. It's good to see the Fuentes brothers in the whole series and each having a happy life with the girl they love.

I also enjoy the epilogue. I did mention in my Perfect Chemistry review that I love the epilogue. I always wanted to know what it's like perhaps 10 years later with the characters and I'm pleased with the ending of Chain Reaction. 


Characters:
THE FUENTES BROTHERS ARE THE MOST AMAZING FICTIONAL BROTHERS OUT THERE! I've never seen a book with 3 Mexican Brothers who speaks Spanish and they're all gorgeous! My favourite Fuentes is still Alex, since he is the first Fuentes brother I read about. I love all the characters, nough said. They are so realistic and Elkeles really potrays these characters well. I can imagine what it's like when they talk, they move or how they look! The girl characters are also realistic. Brittany, Kiara and Nikki are all different but similar in a way that they have an attitude that challenges the Fuentes brothers to get the girls. I even love Paco, Alex and Brittany's Son! So cute! I can imagine he'd be like an Alex Junior when he grows up!


Overall:
Such an amazing and realistic series. I love the Fuentes brothers a lot. Gonna miss them! The Perfect Chemistry is one of the best series I've read about Stereotypes, struggles with gang, bad boys with attitudes and girls with attitudes too! I am quite sad that the series had ended and I'm definitely going to read Elkeles's books!


5 Forget-me-not flowers for The Perfect Chemistry series!
Note:
I do have to say that I love Chain Reaction's book trailer! Check it out below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...