Saturday 26 November 2011

In My Mailbox #8

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren. It's Sunday agai so let's see what I got this week!
Winter's Shadow
Author: M.J Hearle
Source: Won from the Author 

Summary from Goodreads:
Blake Duchamp...

He's all that Winter Adams can think of. Ever since their fateful meeting at Pilgrim's Lament. Ever since he looked at her with those emerald eyes. Ever since he saved her life.

But Blake isn't all that he seems. There is a strangeness about him, something dark and otherworldly. Something dangerous. In his attic is a secret he would kill to defend, but Winter seems to have a special ability to make him forget his duty. And he is her only protection against the gathering darkness.

The only problem is, to protect Winter, Blake must risk exposing her to an even greater danger. Himself.

My opinion:
First of all, the author is a male and he writes in a girl's POV which is awesome. I find it rare to see a male author writing in a girl's POV and likewise for female authors writing in a boy's POV. I'm currently reading this one now and it's really good, another great Aussie read. Thank you to M.J Hearle for giving me the opportunity to read his book!
Crossed
Author: Ally Condie
Source: Bought

Summary from Goodreads:
The hotly awaited second book in the dystopian Matched trilogy

In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

My opinion:
I enjoyed Matched and I can't wait to read this. I also noticed that there are some sections of the book where it's written from Ky's POV. Well this is one thing I'm anticipating a lot since I want to know what's inside Ky's head! The cover is also gorgeous. I love the blue! 


Well, that's all from me! What do you have in your IMM this week? Just leave a comment and I'll check it out! Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...