Saturday 24 September 2011

My fifth book review: The Hidden

The Hidden
Genre: Young Adult
Pages: 389
Published: September 6th 2011
Author: Jessica Verday

Summary from Goodreads:
A love that knows no bounds.

Abbey knows that Caspian is her destiny. Theirs is a bond that transcends even death. But as Abbey finally learns the full truth about the dark fate that links her to Caspian and ties them both to the town of Sleepy Hollow, she suddenly has some very hard choices to make. Caspian may be the love of her life, but is that love worth dying for?

Beautifully spun, emotionally gripping, and irresistibly romantic, The Hidden will leave you breathless.


My review:
This is probably my first young adutl book review about the love story between ghost and human. The Hidden is the third book and final book The Hollow trilogy and I felt really pleased with how this book ends! Just a quick summary of what happened before The Hidden, Abbey's best friend, Kristen died mysteriously in Sleepy Hollow. Abbey unexpectedly finds herself falling in love with a boy, Caspian. Although, Caspian is a ghost. In The Hollow, Abbey finds out that Caspian is a ghost and she decides to leave Sleepy Hollow for a while because she can't believe that Caspian is a ghost. But, in The Haunted, she comes back and she can't deny her feelings for him. Caspian is a shade and as their love grows, the Revenants come and Abbey discovers that one of the revenants, Vincent killed Kristen because he thought that Kristen is Caspian's other half. Abbey was attacked by Vincent but was saved by the other revenants. The Haunted picks up the story after The Hidden, finally giving more details about Kristen's death, Caspian and Abbey's love and the Revenants. The ending was really beautiful and touching. I kept on reading the Epilogue because I can't believe the series if finally ended. 

I actually found reading Young Adult novels where the main character falls in love with a ghost quite annoying, especially if they can't be together because it pains me to read what they've been through to be with each other. Abbey's and Caspian's love story are very painful because they can't touch each other. As I read The Hidden, I kept on guessing on how the story would end. Jessica Verday ends the story well and the problems are all resolved. I always liked reading series which ends with everything resolved and a 'happy ending'. 

Overall: RESOLVED. One word to summarize everything going on through The Hollow series. I really loved this series and I still can't believe The Hidden is the last book of this trilogy. Try to read The Hollow series if you loved paranormal young adult story with the character falling in love with a ghost! 

A quote I love from The Hidden:

Caspian: Something to keep the nightmares at bay. To let you know I was there. Tu sei una stella...la mia stella. It means 'You're a star. My star.”

5 Forget-me-not flowers rating for The Hidden!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...