Tuesday 12 June 2012

#113 Book Review: Endure

Endure (Need #4)
Release Date: May 21st 2012
Author: Carrie Jones
Publisher: Bloomsbury Australia
Source: Publisher for Review
Format: Paperback
Where to Buy: Amazon | The Book Depository
More Info: Goodreads
Summary from Goodreads:
Zara is at the center of an impending apocalypse. True, she’s successfully rescued Nick from Valhalla, but it simply isn’t enough. Evil pixies are ravaging Bedford, and they need much more than one great warrior; they need an army. Zara isn’t sure what her role is anymore. She’s not just fighting for her friends; she’s also a pixie queen. And to align her team of pixies with the humans she loves will be one of her greatest battles yet. Especially since she can’t even reconcile her growing feelings for her pixie king . . .

Unexpected turns, surprising revelations, and one utterly satisfying romantic finale make Endure a thrilling end to this series of bestsellers. 
Cover:
The cover of Endure is probably my favourite cover out of all the books in the series. I just love the gold swirls and the girl's golden eyes. So gorgeous!

Story:

A final battle between the good and evil...

Endure is a thrilling and breath-taking finale to the Need series. When I finished Enticed, I had no idea that a fourth book was coming. I think Endure was even better than the first book in the series. The story is finally coming to an end. There is a final battle between the 'good' pixies and the 'bad' pixies. Endure reminds me again of how much I loved the Need series. I read the first 3 books last year and I remember how my heart twinged every time I read scenes between Zara and Astley. I just love the romance. It's so beautiful. I mean I LOVE action but I LOVE ROMANCE even more. Endure captured me back into the world of the Pixies. I couldn't put this book down and finished it in a day. The ending made me so happy because let me tell you, Zara made a choice. So, the love triangle is worth following because Zara finally made a choice.Yes, I can barely hide my smile as I write this sentence.


Characters:
Oh Astley, Astley, Astley, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. So remember how I said I'm bored of good guys? I TAKE THAT BACK! I love good guys and I'll never be bored of them. Not when they're like Astley. Astley is truly a perfect gentleman (gentle pixie?). He understands Zara, gives her space when she needs it and is always there when she needs him. He knows that Zara is still trying to resolve her relationship with Nick and he never forces himself on her. This is what I love so much about Astley. I didn't like Nick in this book. In the first book, I'm happy that Nick is with Zara but when Astley appears, I'm completely entranced by his character. Nick is a bit annoying actually. He tells Zara that she changed because she's a pixie. Oh really Nick? I think you've changed a lot compared to the 'Nick' in the first book! Zara is AMAZING. She is fierce, strong and tough. Even with Nick, she firmly stands on her ground and is not easily affected by him. I think the characters are the main reason why I love Endure so much!

Overall:
A thrilling and beautiful conclusion to the Need series, Endure will bring readers a gorgeous story brimming with breath-taking romance and a fierce battle between the pixies! If you love the Need series, you will definitely love Endure!
5 Forget-Me-Not flowers for Endure!
Thank you Bloomsbury Australia for the review copy!

Check out the book trailer!

8 comments:

  1. ASTLEY ASTLEY ASTLEY *SWOONS* I love him! I can't wait to read this. I was never a Nick fan but his pixie hate is definitely not going to work being with Zara. Zara is strong and Astley is her perfect king. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, gentle pixie made me snort and spill my coffee all over myself. It was hot, too!
    I haven't even considered reading this series before, but your enthusism is quite contagious. I think I need to give it a chance. Plus, I always go for the good boy. :)
    Lovely review as always, Celine! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent review, Celine! I've only read Need and I'm not sure why I haven't read the rest of the books. I thought Need was pretty good. Maybe I should rectify that! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome review, Celine!! Those forget-me-nots are SO PRETTY OMG. And I haven't read these books, but you make them sound so bad-ass!! All of the bad reviews are kind of just forgotten after reading your fabulous one!! And WOWOW the covers are so gorgeous and alluring!! <3 LOVE them, and love you sweets!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I have only read the first book but now with this review Im totally dying to get myself a copy of the second one and get ahead with these books.

    Excellent review!! Im SO getting my copy! kyaaaa!! thnx so much for sharing! it seems that the conclusion of this series is totally amazing!

    Happy reading my dear Celine ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you liked this! Seeing just how much you did makes me regret having stopped this series. I wasn't the biggest fan of the first book but that was mainly to do with the characters. It seems they get better as the series goes on (well apart from Nick, maybe?) Anyway, amazing review lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, I'm trying to figure out why I haven't started this series yet. It seems to me there's plenty to get me on the roll. Hot guys, interesting paranormals, and a cool main character. I'll look at this one more closely as soon as the last one is officially out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have read the first book, but I wasn't blown away by it.. but perhaps I should go on and read the second one soon, so I can read this one. It sounds really good! I don't like Nick so much, but this ASTLEY person sounds more like my cup of tea :p

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...