Friday 2 December 2011

Follow Friday #2

 



Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel of Parajunkee and Alison of Alison Can Read

The featured question this week is:
What is your biggest pet peeve(s) when it comes to books?
1. Cliffhangers
Cliffhangers are okay to me, as long as the characters are not affected negatively such as the characters died or the couple in the book gets separated, etc. I'm going to die waiting for the sequel! Although, I can understand why authors put cliffhangers. It is also to make readers anticipate and eager for the sequel. But personally, I get really crazy if I need to wait for a year for the sequel if the book ends in such a cliffhanger, like Delirium for example!
2. Unresolved Love
What do I mean by this? Okay, so many books have love triangles. No problem. But of course, I expect the girl to choose one of the boys. Not end up liking both boys without choosing one of them because it gets really annoying for me. The relationship or love is unresolved. Let's say in Twilight, Bella loved Jacob too but she still chose Edward. NO PROBLEMO!

3. Typos or grammatical errors
This is really rare but unfortunately, I saw some typos or grammatical errors in Hades by Alexandra Adornetto! It was really strange and my first experience encountering this, especially since the book is published by a publishing house and not self-published.

I guess that's about it. I'm not really sensitive, am I? ;) Leave links to your Follow Friday and I will definitely check it out!

Also, to remind you guys who are stopping by, I'm having a giveaway of Blood Bound by Rachel Vincent! Click here to join! I also have another giveaway of Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins! Click here to join! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...