Saturday 17 December 2011

#34 Book Review: Angel Evolution

Angel Evolution (Evolution Trilogy #1)
Genre: Young Adult
Pages: 366
Published: October 17th 2011
Author: David Estes
Source: Author for an Honest Review
Format: E-book

Summary from Goodreads:
Angel Evolution- the first book in the young adult fantasy trilogy: The Evolution Trilogy... When Taylor meets Gabriel at college, she is in awe of the subtle glow that surrounds him. No one else, not even her best friend, seems to notice. Something about him scares her. Is all as it appears? While Taylor struggles for answers, she finds herself in the middle of a century old war centered on one miraculous revelation: evolution.

My review:

Cover:

Simple. Blue. Eye-catching. I have to admit that what intrigued me to read the book first was not its cover but the summary itself. I still love the cover and the title's font!
4 Forget-me-not flowers for the cover!
Story:
Angel Evolution is the first book in the Evolution trilogy, a very interesting twist in angels and demons. What do I mean by this? As you people should know, angels are supposed to be the ‘good’ ones while demons are the ‘bad’ ones. Angels help humans, demons do bad things to humans. But in Angel Evolution, it’s the exact opposite, which makes it interesting to read. Angels are ‘the bad guys’ while demons are ‘the good guys’. Angels wanted to use the humans instead of helping them while the demons wanted to help the humans. The story began with Taylor, a college girl who became interested with Gabriel Knight, an Angel. He planned to make her fall for him because she was an important key to make the Angels win against the Demons, a war that had lasted for such a long time. Gabriel did not think he would fall for her but he is confused with his loyalty to the other Angels. Meanwhile, there is a demon who also looks out for Taylor in case the Angels wanted to use her. Chris also never thought he’d fall for Taylor’s best friend, Sam. Taylor was first very oblivious of herself and Gabriel but when Gabriel told her his secrets, she became determined to be with him. The story goes on and the ending was a bit sad but it was an enjoyable read with a great paranormal theme of angels and demons with characters in college.


Characters:
I loved the fact that the characters are in college. They’re still quite young and I was able to understand the way they can seem to love each other without really knowing each other. Sometimes I was unable to connect with Taylor but I admired her strength and power. She is also strong and does not act like the girls who have fallen in love that they think rashly and not carefully. Gabriel was a little bit annoying for me since he wasn’t too dedicated to Taylor. He sometimes put Taylor behind but I understand that loyalty comes first. I actually prefer Chris than Gabriel and actually hoped he was going to like Taylor but in fact, he loved Sam! Sam was a great character too and I actually really liked her, especially when I read how calm she was when Chris told her about him being a demon and the Angels.

Overall:
A great twist of angels and demon in a compelling story! Well written with promising interesting concept you will enjoy reading! I look forward to read the sequels. I only wished I had an actual hardcopy of this book since I got an e-book copy to review because it would have been more enjoyable for me to read!

4 Forget-me-not flowers for Angel Evolution!
Check out Angel Evolution in Goodreads and in Amazon, where you can get a hard copy of the book!
Find David Estes in Twitter and his blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...