Sunday 4 December 2011

#31 Book Review: Love Story

Love Story
Genre: Young Adult
Pages: 243
Published: July 19th 2011
Source: Borrowed from Library

Summary from Goodreads:
She's writing about him. he's writing about her. And everybody is reading between the lines..

For Erin Blackwell, majoring in creative writing at the New York City college of her dreams is more than a chance to fulfill her ambitions--it's her ticket away from the tragic memories that shadow her family's racehorse farm in Kentucky. But when she refuses to major in business and take over the farm herself someday, her grandmother gives Erin's college tuition and promised inheritance to their maddeningly handsome stable boy, Hunter Allen. Now Erin has to win an internship and work late nights at a coffee shop to make her own dreams a reality. She should despise Hunter . . . so why does he sneak into her thoughts as the hero of her latest writing assignment?

Then, on the day she's sharing that assignment with her class, Hunter walks in. He's joining her class. And after he reads about himself in her story, her private fantasies about him must be painfully clear. She only hopes to persuade him not to reveal her secret to everyone else. But Hunter devises his own creative revenge, writing sexy stories that drive the whole class wild with curiosity and fill Erin's heart with longing. Now she's not just imagining what might have been. She's writing a whole new ending for her romance with Hunter . . . except this story could come true.


My review:

Cover: 
Well, the thing I can say is that it reflects the story, particularly the girl in the cover reflects Erin. She also has a small piercing in her nose and the guy laughing beside her should be Hunter. 

3 Forget-me-not flowers for the cover
Story:
This is going to be one heck of a short review! Basically, I just loved the whole story since the characters are in college, and Erin dreams to be a writer so she takes this writing class and had to write short stories. The thing I loved most in this book was the short stories Erin wrote and also Hunter's! The stories reply to each other and I think it was a great way of communicating with words! I really enjoyed reading the short stories while finding out what's going on with Erin and Hunter. And boy, I did not expect everything happening in this book! I also loved the horse part in this book, like how Erin loves horses. I adore horses but truthfully, I'm scared of getting trampled, like in one of Erin's stories where the woman in the story died being trampled by horse. There was this one short story Hunter made and I fell in love with it because it was 'mature' and 'sexy' in a way that he uses Latin words to describe different body parts. Wow, isn't that such an intelligent way of describing a story and make it scientific and sexy at the same time! The story flowed really well and I loved how the character's relationships grew as the story goes by.


Characters:
Hunter Allen is one of my favourite Echols's characters besides John After and Doug. He writes the best short stories ever! I loved the way Echols's describe him and the short stories he make. I really enjoyed reading a short story called 'The Space Between' where Hunter described his childhood, thinking about the space. He is a 'stable boy' back in Kentucky but when he 'inherited' Erin's grandmother's fortune, he became this 'new rich' guy. The development between Hunter and Erin is written very well. I can connect to the characters particularly Erin because I also dream of becoming an author one day and I can understand her struggles with college, her love for Hunter and her conflicts with her grandmother. I particularly loved the ending since Erin decided to write a story called 'Love Story!'


Overall:
Short stories are one of the most incredible ways of expressing our feelings and communicating with others through words. Yep, that's what I learned from this book. I also learned that Stable Boy is different from Cowboys! Love Story is such a LOVE STORY! In total, I've read 5 books by Echols (Forget You, Going Too Far, Love Story, The boy next door, Endless Summer) and all I can say is Jennifer Echols, I officialy worship you and your books! I can't wait for The One that I want!


5 Forget-me-not flowers for Love Story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...