Wednesday 28 September 2011

My eight book review: The Dark Divine

The Dark Divine
Genre: Young Adult
Pages: 372
Published: December 22nd 2009
Author: Bree Despain

Summary from Goodreads:
A Prodigal Son

A Dangerous Love

A Deadly Secret


Grace Divine—daughter of the local pastor—always knew something terrible happened the night Daniel Kalbi disappeared and her brother Jude came home covered in his own blood.

Now that Daniel's returned, Grace must choose between her growing attraction to him and her loyalty to her brother.

As Grace gets closer to Daniel, she learns the truth about that mysterious night and how to save the ones she loves, but it might cost her the one thing she cherishes most: her soul.


My review:
The cover. Super gorgeous! The Dark Divine book cover is my first cover crazy. It's really unique! I rarely see a cover with only feet tangled in a purple scarf. Even the toe nails are painted purple. When I opened Bree Despain's website, I found out that there are also purple nail polish as a part of The Dark Divine promotion! The contrast between the black and the purple is really good!


So, to the review. The Dark Divine is the story of Grace Divine, a pastor's daughter who lost her childhood friend, Daniel Kalbi one night. Something mysterious happened and Jude, Grace's brother came home covered in his own blood. But then, Daniel returns and Grace started to fall for him. As they get closer, Grace finds out about Daniel's secret and what really happened that night. She also discovers that she has the ability to save Daniel. 


After loving the cover, I am totally convinced to buy this book after I read the summary too. There was also a book blurb from Becca Fitzpatrick. The font this book use is actually interesting. I never see it used in other novels before. Grace is the narrator of the story and I really love her! She's really strong-willed and kind-hearted. She really loves her family and also Daniel. Daniel Kalbi is kind of like a 'bad boy' in the story but that's what maks him even more interesting. He is a great artists (He draws really well!) and he's a werewolf. I love paranormal YA books! I somehow don't like Jude because he really hates Grace and Daniel's relationship. I really wish that he could be more supportive of Grace. The story is really well-written. It flows well and I also finished this in one whole day. Really enjoyable and I love the way Bree Despain puts some letters excerpt in the novel to give a better understanding about Daniel and werewolves.


Overall: Dark and Divine! It's a really great paranormal book! Totally enjoyed it! If you love werewolves, this is a must-read! The cover is gorgeous and the characters are awesome! Have I mentioned that I absolutely fall in love with the book trailer! I kept on watching it everyday when I first came to know it because it's really beautiful! I've never seen a YA book trailer before and The Dark Divine was my YA first book trailer!


5 Forget-me-not flowers for The Dark Divine!
Note: The next book in The Dark Divine trilogy is The Lost Saint. I've read that one too and going to work on a review soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...